Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Capsule Collection: My Story





Hello My Loves!

I thought with this post I would get a bit more personal with you all. But First --
Confession: I am a miniature hoarder. No lie. I love to keep things for the use of maybe, one day, in the future using it, and the feeling of just having it. 

Yet, my story to combat this side of hoarding self, all began with a book. After picking up, The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up By Marie Kondo, I began to realize how much stuff that I did not use. I saw the extra things that made my space cluttered and me in turn a more cluttered mindset. My room was completely useless with all of my stuff hovering around me, over me, and next to my feet. 

I began to see after shifting through my piles of stuff I saw many things I just don't like. For example that impulse buy that didn't work, an attempt to avoid the target dollar spot, and even clothes bought or gifted that didn't fit anymore or was (let's face it) not my style/ugly. 

After reading the book and giving it serious thought, because the basis of the entire book went against every hoarder cell in my body. So, I dumped the entire contents of my closet in my living room and got rid of three trash bags of my stuff. Yes. I did!

It felt so freeing. 

I then a couple of months later, I found a channel on YouTube called Jenn Rogers in which she talks about her different capsule collections (here is the link to her capsule playlist). She helped to encourage me and begin to become more of a eco-friendly person. I am able to get more for my money using up all of a product and not consuming more than what I need. 

So, watch me on the journey to being a better person. As I start to blog about My Capsule: Makeup Collection and Wardrobe, all for different seasons and watch me rave about different products that are tested and true to what they say!

XOXO, 

Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe!