Tuesday, January 10, 2017

How I Made the Deans List My First Semester at College








Hello Loves!


I have finished my very first semester at University and completed it with a 3.775 GPA and a spot on the Deans list.



Here are FIVE tips that know helped to attribute to my grades.

1. Going to all of your classes


This is a suggestion that I got from a lot of other people, and so I followed! I am so glad that I did! Some classes while attendance was not mandatory the professors gave extra points for grades



2. Treating College like a 9-5 Job
I have said it before and I will say it again! Get your day started at about 7:30 and then get to work! You can totally do it!

3. Using random hours of the day
Look at a schedule and then all of those hours waiting for a class, those 30 minutes that are used on the bus, or riding in the car (audiotextbooks;). Quizlet is an essential app/website that you can use to memorize definitions. My favorite part of the app is that it will create games and tests for you to use instead of just the flashcard option.

4. Learn HOW you learn Best

For example, I prefer to learn by listening (auditory learner). SO, I sometimes record lectures and listen to them over again, or talk with others in my class.


5. Having fun

This might sound a bit out of place, but I am a firm believer in the whole WORK HARD,PLAY HARD concept. For me that sometimes is a at home spa day (keeping it cheap), going to spend the night at a friends dorm and making a meal (again CHEAP). All of this helps to keep me focused and balanced.


Make this the Best Semester Yet!


XOXO,


Lizzy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe!