Thursday, October 13, 2016

Decorate My Dorm (Cheap Ways to Decorate)

Hello Lovies!!

I love, I mean LOVE to decorate any space I am in and make it my own! My Favorite season Autumn is here and that is no exception!

This week I am going to show you how I made my beautiful, slightly southern style Banner!
which looks like this:
This was time consuming for me to make but, I found some shortcuts to make it easier!!!

What you Are Going to Need:
1 1/2 yard of Chevron Striped Fabric (Choose another color if you would like)*
1 1/2 yard of Paisley Fabric (Choose another color if you would like)*
1/2 yard of Black Fabric
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun
Font You Like (I choose My Own Topher
Paper to Trace or Print Letters at 250 pt Font:
A paper triangle to trace, Mine was 5 inches at the top and two sides around 8 inches
Fabric Pins

1. Make your Triangle to Trace

2.Cut Fabric Triangles Fabric One is  approximately 7 triangles, and Fabric Two is 6 Triangles

3. Print or Trace Letters. If you print please follow the directions below:

To Print:
Choose your Font
Make Font 250 points
Highlight All of the Letters


Then click on the A with a bright Blue outline and select the fourth one on the top row


Then to make the outline easier to see choose the outline color of black


If it is still hard to see then choose weight and click on 4 1/2. This will make the outline more visible.

It should end up looking like this:

Print and then proceed to cut out!
Step 4: 
Cut out letters from paper

Step 5: 
Pin Letters to Paper and Cut around them

Step 6:
Glue your Letters to the Triangles (Remember to take into account every other letter needs to have a different pattern

7: Cut Slits into Fabric

8: String them together inserting the yarn in on the first hole so that it goes around the back and comes out of the other hole. 




EXTRA TIP:
Override your regular craft store (I know, I love Michaels and Joann's also) and opt for Walmart for Fabric! Their fabric is a bit cheaper.


* Buy Solid Color Fabrics to Make it cheaper,

Lots of Love and Crafting,

Lizzy E. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe!